Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Happy Book Vendor at Scott's Antique Show



I will never be a reporter. Can you believe I forgot to get this fellow's name or even the name of his "shop" at Scott's Antique Show?  He had tons of vintage books, many were in Danish or Swedish.  2 for $10.  When he was showing me the excellent condition to justify the price (are you kidding, $5 each......one does not need to justify!) I told him the condition was not particularly important because I tore them apart for my mixed media pieces.



.......so he takes me over to a table and sells me these two books for $4 each! 





Not only are there yummy prints in these books, but wonderful vellum sheets with patina that made me swoon!





I can't wait to play!

5 comments:

trisha too said...

Oh my.

I have to admit, I am more than a little bit envious right now!!!!!

Have fun with these, and think of me while you're making something!

;)

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog...I have just joined your informative blog. Sure wish I lived closer to Atlanta..but we do live CLOSE to Round Top, Tx. And in about two weeks we will be heading over there.
I have a request, before you tear those images apart...would you mind sharing them by scanning them and posting them here on your blog? We all could use some of those graphics for something I bet, they look really well preserved.

Rose

whyte said...

Thank you Rose and Trish, for stopping by! Rose, absolutely and I'll share in high resolution! This would be the week because I'm on spring break mornings this week.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

gorgeous books ...if you are going to alter them I cannot wait to see what you make! :)

Wax Beach Artist said...

What a great find. You lucky duck you!