Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Still on White Acrylic


Fun from the last weekend. The bases for these tags were hand punched Christmas cards, a pine bough from one, metallic gold from the another. And tiny scraps of paper left from cleaning off my studio worktable  And white acrylic craft paint. 


The coiled "bead" under the fern (dried from my yard) is a piece of hand stamped metal where the "N" ended up backwards.  I have yet to learn how to use my metal stamps correctly and not get those "N"s backwards!!  Urghhhhhhh  So, rolled around a tooth pick and a little alcohol ink, I have a bead.  Yayyyyyy, for salvage.





7 comments:

Dorthe said...

They are so beautiful, I love the white dapping and the one with the heart is so gorgeous.
Hugs from Dorthe

Wax Beach Artist said...

I love both of these tags so much! I am drawn to the white background the most. I like it's powder sugar look, lol makes me want a donut. Ok, maybe I am just hungry but I really do like that background!

The one with the leaf is great too! I am a big fan of bringing nature in and using it in your art! I recently purchased some metal stamps and I didn't realize "N" could be stamped wrong...it looks the same in print! ...now you have me wondering.....

Laurel said...

I love the white acrylic! It reminds me of freshly fallen snow:)

whyte said...

Thank you for your comments faithful friends!! :) I do love my fern.....not so much in my yard because it is too prolific. But it dries without fanfare.......and it paints up nicely too. It's sturdy enough to withstand a little acrylic or ink stain without disintegrating.

Wishing you a beautiful art-filled day!

QueenBe said...

Love the tags Pat.... especially the accident! When I am doing alphabet stamps, I always do a sample stamping on scrap paper to make sure the letters aren't backwards!

Chrisy said...

Particularly effective...lovin the 3d effect...

Chris said...

Hi Pat, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/