Saturday, December 31, 2011

Jude Hill.........

I was planning on sharing her quilted artwork and I will.  But when I opened her blog this morning, this popped up and I've decided to start with this link to Jude's blog  Spirit Cloth               ....Love it!

Thank you for permission to share, Jude.  Your art is peaceful and calms me.  It is wholesome and spiritual.

I've quilted and I've embroidered.  Not much.  When I learned techniques and piecing, I learned from a teacher who was a purist about hand stitching instead of machine; all her piecing and quilting was by hand.  I appreciate both hand and machine, but I'm afraid her influence was lasting and heavily impressive.  When I stumbled upon Jude's work, I was hooked, of course; elated to find her YouTube vid using an overcast stitch to piece instead of a running and hidden stitch!  Oh yes, thank you for giving me permission, Jude!  I should remember to fear rules.

Enjoy some eye candy, stitchers.........and then visit Jude's web site, Spirit Cloth  for more to soak in.









3 comments:

Chrisy said...

oh my this is wonderful...embroidery is a real love of mine and it's so good to see it used as 'art'...thank you for sharing..

jude said...

what a lovely post. thank you.

whyte said...

Thank YOU, Jude!