Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Goal Set, A Goal Reached

Several moons ago, a very special person and friend, RoseMary Miller, gave me a publication called Somerset Studio, a mixed media publication that features well-known as well as not-known mixed media artists. As she said, "this is so you" ...and yes it was, I love the artwork and styles in this magazine.  Somerset Studio is published by a company called Stampington; it is just one of many art publications that can be found for purchase and subscription at their website

I will never toss, give away, or sell one of my coveted Stampington publications.  They are eye candy, muse for the soul, delicious.......I  read every one of their paid ads, even the ads are an artist's delight.

I set a goal over a year ago to be published in one of their publications, either their mixed media, home, sew, or recycle (they have many opportunities) magazines.  I currently have 3 rejection letters "framed" on my studio bulletin board.  3 weeks ago I added my first "congratulations, you've been published" letter!


This new June issue of Studio Gallery arrived in my mailbox.  Stampington believes in Santa Claus.  This is their way of surprising you, letting you know something you have submitted has been chosen for one of their publications. You receive a gratis issue, unannounced. The yellow "congratulations" letter is looking right at you from inside their clear cello wrapper.  You want to know one of my first thought?  God, did Sue, our mail delivery gal, see this; she's delivered our mail for close to 20 years.  "Holy Cow, Sue, did you see this, I'm famous!!"  I'm so excited and my mind does silly things like that instead of really letting it sink in what I'm looking at here!  Before I saw the maize letter, I also had an aggravating thought that they made an error in a recent order  I placed for their Somerset Life magazine due out in June.


  
My scanner does not help the fact that this is a white on white piece, there are mucho layers of fabric, my own handmade paper, acrylics, inks all on a small canvas.  And guess who forgot to photo the piece before sending it to California?  I've prolly sent 7 different pieces to Stampington, this is the only one I've forgotten to photo first.

But there will be more to come, this is just the start.  Thank you so much Stampington for publishing my mixed media piece!

7 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Pat, CONGRATULATIONS- how wonderful for you I have to buy this number, to really see and read the artickle.
I often order Stampington mags- and love them very much,too-and this will be my next number.
Hugs from Dorthe

Suz said...

Pat,
This is fantastic and I have just started to read this article.I cannot wait to see your piece, my friend!
Big hugs of congratulations!
Suz

Wax Beach Artist said...

Congratulations! Wow, I know someone famous! Hehe, I love it, your excitement is oozing through the computer.

Laurel said...

Yay Pat!!! When I finally got my hands on this magazine, your piece really caught my eye. I love white. It really stands out! Congratulations!!

whyte said...

Thank you friends; your compliments and encouragement mean so much to me! Friends like you help me set goals and keep on track. You are all inspiration!

Jessie said...

Woo Hoo, high fives and a huge CONGRATS to you! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

ArtSnark said...

Yay!! Good for you - it pays to be brave & talented :D I am so happy for you & cant wait to see it in my Michaels