Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hmmmmm, 56 days since last post? Can you say a tad busy?

But busy good! That precious grandaughter of mine is occupying my time, but mostly my heart, 5 months old today!

I'm one challenge behind for the Melange Mixed Media Challenge
The current challenge is Hugs and Kisses, this piece is my playtime for the last challenge, Rain.
 
Really different for me, but I've made several pieces of handmade paper and I'm trying to find ways to incorporate them into mixed media and collage pieces.  Since I haven't sized the paper in the process, it's an experiment to see how the paper accepts different mediums.  Acrylic washes turned out well on other pieces. This piece uses only alcohol inks and I love the effect of the bleed, although it does bleed to the reverse side easily if not used very very sparingly.  And sparingly isn't always what I'm after.

Anywhoooo, this simple little treasure is a keeper for me, it turned out happy and I will probably will clip it right up in my studio. 

8 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm happy to hear you've been "good" busy. Enjoy your grandaughter !!

ArtSnark said...

I like this new direction. Very fun & experimental & emphasizes your strong eye for composition & texture

Laurel said...

I love this new direction too! I love the words you incorporated and the simplicity and loose threads...Beautiful!!

Dorthe said...

It is great,-love the kind of shappy style, in new form,- and the very simple style, just wonderfull Pat.
Hugs,Dorthe

Silence Sings said...

Gad to see you again....loved the simply designed creative stuff....

Liz-AnnasOnTheLake said...

Great piece, Pat! I love the way you've used the handmade paper with the other elements.

whyte said...

Thanks for the "rahs", I do like the simplicity in this..may have to keep that in mind. Ya, I'm into loose strings these days, 2 of the pieces I sent off to Stampington had loose threads everywhere. I like them at lot! :)

Linda said...

I love your new piece. It's beautiful, and I love the bleed of the ink along with those brassy colored circles.