Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mixed Media ACEO from Digital Art Background

Yayyyyyyy, finally back to playing in Photoshop Elements, beyond just the normal photo editing...you know, the fun  stuff! The grundgy roses background is from  this fabulous flickr site called playingwithbrushes   Warning Warning Warning this site is packed with image backgrounds for sharing, you'll swoon if you love digital art and/or mixed media.

The July Melange Mixed Media Challenge word prompt is "chapeau".  I used a vintage b/w photo layering it over the background, reducing the opacity of the photo. I played with the color adjustment tool, bringing up the yellow and saturation. I also used the select tool to alter the hat to pure black and white.  The real McCoy black hat shows up better than this 72 dpi photo here, it makes it pop a little more in the ACEO.  I shaded the hat and parts of the dress with a charcoal pencil.  The rest is icing, stamped the text with clear embossing ink and white embossing powder and heated with the gun, added vintage sewing pattern tissue stamped with "chapeau, snippets of handmade paper along with torn paged from a vintage almanac, sewing around the edges.  Sealed and ready to add to the July challenge page on the Melange blog.

11 comments:

Jessie said...

Beautiful, Beautiful!!

Liz-AnnasOnTheLake said...

What a beautiful piece, Pat! Very nice job. Thanks for sharing all the info on your processes, too.

Heidi Rand said...

It's great, Pat! Love your use of the chapeau ...

Dorthe said...

Hi dear, I do not know anything about Photoshop, but I know, this is beauty, and that I feel happy seing it.
Hugs, Dorthe

Ann Mackay said...

I love it - it's beautifully done!

Kathy said...

I know nothing about this, but I know this, you are very, very good at it. I love the white writting on this one... xoxo

elenamary said...

Also really like the text and image combined..very lovely!

ArtSnark said...

what fun! Have to visit that link - thanks for sharing

risa said...

Thanks for stopping by Stacey's blog and entering the giveaway!

I finally have purchased Photoshop (got a great price at Costco online!)...it's on it's way. I think I might have to leave it in the box for a few weeks so I can finish some paintings first! Hope it's not too hard to learn!

Great work as always!

whyte said...

Hi Risa! It's a bit difficult and intensive, but there are so many tutorials on the web and mucho help in the etsy forums and it's so much fun that the difficult melts away pretty quickly. I wish I had more hours to play there.

Katsui Jewelry said...

Thanks, Risa, for being a follower of Katsui. We are having a giveaway (drawing on Monday) for one of our first hundred to thank you all. Love that ATC!

Suz and Kat
Katsui