Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June Melange Etsy Team Challenge for Mixed Media Artists


ACEO  is for the June word prompt "antique" for the Melange Team challenge.  The photo doesn't show it well, but I'm so loving using foil candy wrappers to add bling to my work right now, the bottom of the card is orange foil with some alcohol inks to age.  Love the effect.  In the middle of the card is a tear from my also-newest plaything, making handmade paper from discarded copy paper from the office.  I do love this upcycling, repurpose fun.

4 comments:

Dorthe said...

It looks wonderfull dear,
and fantastic with the foil ,it gives so much texture,I can imagine all the great sparkle,-beautifull.
Hugs ,Dorthe

Liz-AnnasOnTheLake said...

I really like this piece, Pat! What a great mix of techniques. Your handmade paper adds a nice texture and I love that foil technique.

whyte said...

Thank you friends! The foil is so much fun to manipulate, the torn pieces just blend right in with each other. And the paper was a bit of a leftover from a rogue piece.

ArtSnark said...

very cool - so do you get to eat the candy 1st ;D