Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!

There is not a kinder women walking this earth!  I cannot remember a day when my Mother did not put others' needs first, before her own. Caring, loving, unselfish and pretty fiesty these days.  Years of keeping quiet as she was growning up, and in a marriage to my Father where he ruled the household, may have paved the way for a very soft spoken, timid woman, but she's making up for lost time!

She is the bond in our family; where there is disagreement she is the peacekeeper, where there is pain she is the listener and soother, where there is joy, she is the celebrator, where there is tragedy, she is the support, where there is need, she is the solution.

She was always going to retire to Florida, near us; she still lives in the cold Midwestern winters because it is home to her.  Her church, her friends and our family are there. It's where she thrives. She is laughing at Time, he is not going to keep her down or sitting at home waiting for illness or worse to come get her.......both will have to chase her down and they have their work cut out for them.  My Mom is one tough lady!

Hope you have a beautiful and wonderful and special day today, Mom.  We love you!!

4 comments:

WindandHoney said...

That's great Pat. I'm glad you have her.

Maureen said...

Wonderful! So full of life, just like her! My mother would have been just like her too! You are one lucky lady Pat! And with a strong family resemblance!

ArtSnark said...

Great tribute to your Mom! Wishing you & yours a very happy Mother's day, Pat

Katsui Jewelry said...

Pat, she looks like a nice Midwestern woman. My husband's mom is 86 and doing very well. No major health problems...she just loves to GO...and she does.


I got your blog from the Silver Bella site and I am anxious to see more!

Here is my address:

http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com


Suz (Susan Reaney)