Sunday, January 31, 2010

Valentine Etsy's City Meals on Wheels Project

Etsy is sponsoring their Special Delivery: Share Your Love 2010 project again this year.  They will be supporting City Meals on Wheels and participants will receive a Valentine with meals.  You don't have to make one, you can buy one from an etsy seller or just send them even if you don't buy or sell on etsy.  The simple guidelines and address to mail the cards can be found in the Etsy storque article Here   I am sending a dozen of these to let a dozen special people feel special on Valentine's Day. They are embossed with a brass stencil, burnished by hand, then highlighted with pastels, the heart is stenciled with shimmering red acrylic.  Hand stamped greetings stamped inside. Hope you'll help.  Time is short now, the cards have to be at Etsy by February 9th. If you are creating, I know what you'll be doing tonight!  :)

4 comments:

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

This is great that Etsy does this. So thoughtful.

ArtSnark said...

great idea & gorgeous card, Pat

QueenBe said...

Pat those are such cute cards.... I didn't know you emboss... something I'd like to try one day.

whyte said...

I hand emboss with the brass stencils when I need a no-brainer type of busy work, like while listening to a good Bogart movie. You have to keep your eyes on your work, but it's repetitive easy tasking. And since I'm a monochromatic nut, works really well as soul food for me. Sometimes I highlight with the pastels, sometimes not. This was thin pre-fold paper stock, one of my Micheals friends just gave me tons of it; inside of cards are white, and lime envelopes were included.