Saturday, January 2, 2010

Love this Artist! Midwestie Lady



Linda Beard is not only an Etsy Team friend from the Melange Team of mixed media artists, but a "neighbor", now living in Florida and also a transplant from the Midwest...like me. Linda is such a great supporter of our Melange Team events, especially the challenges open to all mixed media artists, Latest Challenge Illuminating


                       Sailor's Valentine by Midwestie Lady

I love her Sailor's Valentine, I have to say it is just one of my favorites, love the composition, the colors and the added vintage b/w photo.  Sailor's valentines have such a marvelous History


                            Grey Lady by Midwestie Lady

And can I tell you how jealous I am of this gorgeous photo transfer on cloth? !  Gel medium photo transfers are hit and miss for most of us and this was Linda's first attempt!  I should be so talented!!  If you check this one out in her etsy shop, Midwestie Lady  you'll be able to zoom in to see the exquisite detail she was able to transfer from the photo.  And this mixed media piece is collaged on the inside cover from a vintage book!


                             Luna Baby by Midwestie Lady

I've saved my shop favorite for last here, I adore the bright colors in Linda's Luna Baby mixed media wall hanging.  I'm typically a monochromatic artista, I tend to work in b/w, sepias and monotones....but when other's use such bright colors I'm very readily attracted to them.  Strange, really, I think I've always been a little intimidated using lots of bright colors in my work.

Enjoy Linda's etsy shop Midwestie on Etsy and her BlogStop by and leave some comments on her blog, you know we all love that.  Linda is also a huge animal/critter lover.  You'll read about her cat JD, who was a constant companion until he crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and you'll see the winter visitors to her backyard.  Birds are regular stopovers, and she lives on the water so has constant companions in otters and other Florida "creechters"!

13 comments:

WindandHoney said...

That wonderful Sailor's Valentine is a lesson in patience. Its beautiful.

Maureen said...

Yes the Sailors Valentine piece is exquisite! Linda has a beautiful sense of color.

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Pat, what a wonderful piece on Linda. Beautifully done. I enjoyed reading about Linda and her art is just an inspiration. Especially the sailor's valentine. I also appreciate all the wonderful things that Linda shares with us about the wildlife around her home. Most of us will never see such great animals up that close.
Thank you Pat and thank you Linda.

Kathy said...

Very pretty stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Lucy said...

Linda is a dear and talented artist, very giving and supportive of others. I love her work too, your favorite is one of mine, too. :)
Keep up the great work, Linda!

Sant Angelo Designs said...

Wow, Linda! Your's sailor's Valentine is breathtaking. Nice job, Pat!

suepelletierlaughpaint said...

sweet*sweet*sweet*
i am missing the etsy group!

ArtSnark said...

gorgeous variety of art! Fabulous post about a wonderful artist & her creations

ECLECTICMIXUP said...

What a very talented lady! Marvellous creations, the transfer poochie reminds my of my mom's Jack Russel1.
I really like the energy in the last design. Hugs,Carol

Kathy said...

Beautiful work by Linda, what a nice blog post. And Pat, wow, the changes you have made to your blog...simply fabulous.
~xx~

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

Great share. All of you mixed media designers are fabulous!

whyte said...

Thanks for all your comments friends, YOU all are the best!

Midwestie Lady - Linda said...

Pat, what a sweetie you are to feature me and my art. Thank you so much. I've never been recognized like this, and feel so blessed to have you as a Melange team friend and Florida neighbor. A special thank you also to each of you for your comments.