Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Fabric Fortune Cookies


The family and friends are stopping by our home Christmas Eve for a little ho-ho-ho and food. I was looking for an idea for a little goodie for everyone to take home with them. Linda B from my etsy Melange Team and a couple others suggested making these fabric fortune cookies.  There was something similar that came via eletter from one of my mixed media magazines.  I couldn't find the eletter in my files but an online search turned up a great tutorial from Brassy Apple's blog.

These were uber easy and no sew. I not only had a ton of Christmas fabrics, but the rest of the small list of supplies needed.....my favorite kind of project!  I found plenty of fortune cookie sayings on line, too.  I added a "Merry Christmas 2009 from Robbie and Pat" and even threw in some radomly chosen Florida lotto numbers as good luck!

I haven't decided, but a little ribbon and bow for hanging as an ornament seems appropriate!

7 comments:

ArtSnark said...

what a cute idea. These came out great

risa said...

What a great holiday idea! Hope you enjoy a joyous holiday season!

Kathy said...

Oh so cute and colorful too.
Merry Christmas Pat!
xoxo

dogdazzle said...

very cute!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Just adorable :)

ArtSnark said...

Pat, wanted to pop by & wish you a very Merry Christmas

judypatooote said...

Great idea....they really look cute in the basket....hope ;you had a Merry Christmas... judy