Saturday, November 28, 2009

Have Someone who Loves Vintage on your List?


There's something for everyone who loves vintage at QueenBes Altered Needs.  Carol and her family live in Michigan, but across the miles between Michigan and Florida, we have become great pals with many common denominators.  Carol has been one of the most helpful artists I've met through Etsy, the site to purchase and sell handmade.  She's offered tips and techniques to her vintage and mixed media friends and followers.  Check out this tutorial from her blog How to Make Grunge Tags .  I always wondered how she scented her beautiful tags.....when you open your package of delights from Carol, this wonderful aroma of baked Christmas treats will make you smile immediately if some of her tags are among your purchase.




And how about these Victorian cones?  I love the look with tinsel and actual vintage sheet music!  The jewelry added is vintage too!  Perfect for a vintage style Christmas tree or wouldn't the look marvelous hanging from a door handle!



How about this ornament?  Adorable!




And this paperweight!  I don't want to give away all her techniques but since Carol mentions it in her etsy shop, and I'm a Tim Holtz alcohol ink nutty fan, take that as a hint!  This would be great for the guy on your list.  Men are so darn hard to buy for.



Carol has a great selection of themes with her altered bottles, this is one of my favorites but she has Christmas themes too.



And if you are a mixed media artisan and craftsperson, Carol also tempts us with vintage supplies she picks up when on the hunt at antique shops, flea markets and estate sales.  I can think of a few ways to use these vials.

One of my favorite things about buying from artisans on Etsy is that you connect with real people with real stories and families.  So much of what you can find is unique, one of a kind. Buying handmade is just the best way to support local artists and creators right in your backyard.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, what a great feature of our sweet Carol. Her art looks beautiful with your background on your blog. You have done her very proud I betcha....
Very nice Pat.
~xx~

ArtSnark said...

Exellent Feature! I always love exploring QueenBe's shop.

It was fun to use her coasters on Thanksgiving that I'd given to my sister last year.

Love that ornament!

QueenBe said...

WOW what a great treat to come home from a few days away, to THIS!! Pat, in a million years I cannot thank you enough for the kind words, inspiration, and in general, your wonderful support. You are a great freind to say such nice things about me and my shop. Thanks Pat!!

ECLECTICMIXUP said...

Wow what a great combo. My fav is the victorian cones, love the look. Well and of course those wonderul gift tags. Great write up, thnks for sharing. other Carol.