Monday, September 7, 2009

Kathy Maximo, Mixed Media and Collage Artist

I *met* Kathy on Etsy, she's a member of the street team I joined, The Melange Team, a group of mixed media artists.  She is not only a powerhouse of talent and a very successful Etsy shop owner, but her sense of humor is a hoot, and I love her sarcasm....something I can relate to!  Kathy resides in Louisianna, with hubby, and 3 furballs, Cisco, Bella and Rocky. I'm having such fun meeting artisans from every corner of the USA and the world through Etsy.  Kathy is also one of my Facebooks buds, I can count on her cheerio hellos every morning on FB.....We've been following Kathy's successful engagement with the Sugar Busters diet, and she has been an inspiration to me...she's determined and that determination is what I lack. 

Kathy couldn't stop with just one Etsy shop, nopie, she has 3... and here are some examples from all 3 of her shops.

The Gratitude Journal is one of her newest listings.  It's a small book that Kathy suggests leaving on your nightstand, writing down things that you are grateful for every night.  This can be found in her shop, vintagesnapsandscraps.

Another of Kathy's etsy shops is called Remember Yesterday. This shop is full of treasures from Kathy's adventures scouring flea markets and estate sales looking for vintage items such as these gorgeous linens.  You'll find vintage photos, glasswear and other collectibles here too.

Her 3rd shop is proof of Kathy's sense of humor and just a little peek into her sarcasm.  At OhSoSassyGreetings, I can guarantee you won't find Hallmark! Thank goodness... the world could use more of Kathy's sense of humor and cards like this.  You'll find something there for someone you know, promise! 

Enjoy Kathy's blog.  She's been published in Somerset Studio magazine recently, one of the artists participating in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Canvas, and she will be featured in future editions of Stampington publications.

10 comments:

Jessie said...

What a wonderful tribute! You chose three of my favorites out of Kathy's shop. Both of you are incredibly talented!

Maureen said...

Great article Pat, you're right, Kathy's a busy, creative, funny lady! Fun to know too!

Kathy said...

I love me some Pat!!!! I sure do, you have done a fabulous feature for me...I thank you so very much. You thought of everything.... I am so thankful for my Etsy gals. You ALL mean so much to me.

PCarriker said...

Great job Pat, Kathy is a a creative dynamo!

Persimmons Gal said...

Great post about one of my favorite etsy gals!

WindandHoney said...

Very nicely done Pat. Kathy is a very creative and prolific artist.

ArtSnark said...

Wonderful shout out to a talented artist & amazing lady !!

Brenda Lynn said...

Nice post, Pat. Kathy's got spunk, that's for sure! Always a hoot!

Rayann said...

Yipee,Great tribute.Kathy was one of the first mixed media artist I met on etsy and encouraged me to stick with the thread.Total agreement here with her awesome sense of humour

Lucy said...

Love me some Kathy, too :) She is one of my favorites as well, multi talented artist and a wonderful, funny soul. :)