Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Boy and Girl and Their Dogs

This jewel was included with my birthday card from my son and daughter-in-law and I thought it not only touching, but so very appropriate.  I had a dog, usually a boxer, at all times in my life, with the exception of appropriate mourning times between the death of one and the acquisition of the next.  My son and daughter grew up with boxers Sam, Picasso, Rembrandt and Scooter (a heinz57). My daughter and son-in-law are currently owned by boxers Caly and Sarge, having previously been owned by boxers Cody and Brandi.  And my son and daughter-in-law are currently owned by Buster (a heinz) and boxer Biggie.    Here's to dogs and the people they love!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the Byrds!! Have a CD I listen to at work all the time. Love dogs too, and cats and birds and rabbits and all little critters. Boxers are so gorgeous...just a bit too big for my tiny little house. We've thought about it a number of times along the way. Great card!

Kathy said...

Warms my heart....

Jessie said...

What a precious sentiment! Love it! My sister and I were looked after by a boxer when we were very young.