Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Here's some money for you! Don't be Tossin' that Gift Tissue

Not literally, I'm sorry to say, but figuratively, here's some money to keep in your pocket. I have an obsession for repurposing and upcycling something that can be used again, and hopefully again! I'm all for the current "green movement" to help reduce waste and keep our environment free of unnecessary rubbish and trash as much as possible. Hope this tip helps you do both, repurpose and save a little money too!

From a recent birthday gift, one 18" X 24" piece of tissue paper


Fold lengthwise over and over into long strip


Fold the long strip in half

Cut narrow strips from the folded paper, don't worry about uniform cuts unless you are an engineer

Fluff all the strips, and you have enough from one sheet of tissue to fill this 8" X 8" X 2" gift tin. Use in gift bags, use as packing filler or in baskets.

7 comments:

Silke said...

How very clever! I'm going to try that!! thanks! :) Silke

dogdazzle said...

I hadn't thought of that. I usually iron them and re-use. (My family is usually looking at me like I'm insane.)

whyte said...

Hi Silke!

Hee Hee, I iron tissue too!

Kyle said...

We love tutorials!!! Show us more! ;)

paperdreamer said...

This is great ... I like it

Meikoningin said...

what a great idea ! I usually crumple it up some more when re-using it to giftwrap, i know, i am a slacker ;)

Loudlife said...

Excellent idea! I'm definitely going to do it!