Sunday, June 7, 2009

Meet my Talented Friend, Joyce, from Ormond Beach FL!




I met Joyce through my daughter-in-law's Mother, Rose Mary, while we were planning Natalie's and Kyle's wedding. Joyce re-fit and re-designed Rose Mary's own wedding dress for Natalie to wear for the ceremony last March. Joyce also designed and created other delights, including a handmade clutch from the dress train, hand embroidered handkerchiefs for the Mom of the Bride and me, (see my earlier blog entry for photos of that!) and machine embroidered embellishments for the reception. I've been trying to convince Joyce to open a shop on Etsy; and I think she's close! I aksed her permission to share her latest, fabulous creation on my blog. Let me show you the source of all that tulle in the above photo, and the finished treasure at the end.



Above is the wedding dress of one of Joyce's clients from South Florida.

The beginning of the alteration of her client's wedding dress


And here is the precious, beautiful and remarkable treasure for the client's soon-to-be-born little princess! Can you imagine a more wonderful memory for this family?! Joyce, this is just gorgeous!!!!

7 comments:

Silke said...

Oh, that is so amazing and precious! What a talent she has. I have several old clothes treasures and sometimes I think of making something special with it that I can display, but so far I haven't had the courage... This is beautiful! :) Silke

Kathy said...

Oh, this is some stunning work here. I wish I knew how to sew...lol. Another life maybe.
Joyce, nice to meet you and I am a huge fan of your work we just saw. Best of luck to you.
Kathy

QueenBe said...

I hope your friend decides to join us at Etsy. I think she would do well and she would love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Lucious layers! Marie

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Oh my Goodness, what a talent.

Rose said...

What a beautiful transformation! I can sew but not like that and for sure not with tulle!

Maggi said...

Simply stunning, what talent!