Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This week's Melange Team challenge entry

This week's Melange Team from Etsy word prompt is *inspiration*. If you have a mixed media work you would like to enter check out the criteria at The Melange Team Blog. You do not have to be a team member to enter, all artists are welcome to join!

My sister Mary, who lives in Illinois, brought me these pristine, white, 4.5" X 6" white textured cards, like 200 of them(!!!yayyyyy), that are used in packaging supplies for the hospital where she is a nurse. They are heavier than the 140lb cold press watercolor paper I normally use for a lot of my work. I used acrylics on this piece, and the paper accepted the gesso and paint wonderfully so I was off and running with this collage and mixed media piece.

I've used snippets from a vintage music sheet and an old ledger page, some of my new clear rubber stamps (I love them and can't believe I waited so long to try clear stamps!) I colored the pear with pastels. The leaf is a real dried leaf. Click on the photo to see the texture and detail and then the *back* button to come back to me.

The handwritten quote says, "Inspiration is like a wonderful fruit - it's a seed planted, nutured and bloomed." (I had to make up my own quote because nobody famous has connected a pear with inspiration.....go figure. So alrighty then, I've got the quote, now just have to get the famous part)

12 comments:

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Well, I am speechless. This is unique, truly gorgeous. I love it.

Lucy said...

OHHH I love this piece, Pat!!!! How lovely it is! I wanna get some clear stamps now too! Your pear is just gorgeous, and love your saying :)

Anonymous said...

Pat, that is an amazing piece. I think you should do more like this, you obviously have the gift touch. Pat yourself on the back several times for this one.

Standing Ovation for you!!!!!

Linda a/k/a Mamapainter

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a great piece....how wonderful !!!

QueenBe said...

I love it, Pat.... wonderful warm colors. Just great.

PCarriker said...

I'm fond of pears so this really speaks to me, great job!

pinkglitterfae said...

This is so lovely Pat! I can see all the texture in the close up!

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

I love the all of the textures! Beautiful piece!!!

The Decorated House said...

Beautiful!
I love the mood of this piece as well as the composition. Nice work (play) Pat!

ArtSnark said...

wonderful piece - love the palette & quote!

Lynn said...

First of all thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, second of all, I think this is an amazing piece of art, and the quote is just wonderful. Who knows, it could be famous someday :)
Love your blog, your art work, had a nice look around and am putting you on my follow list. Don't know how I missed you before.

Beth Jaffe thequeenofcups said...

Unbelievable! I am in absolute awe of the beauty of your pear piece! Such loveliness and I wish I had a huge vocabulary because I'd go on and on.
Thank you for the kind words on my blog. It is so nice to have dear artist friends in my world!