Friday, May 29, 2009

I wish I'd never tried these potato chips.

As long as I can remember, I've cherished the few darker chips that one might find in a regular bag of potato chips....not the flavored varieties, I'm referring to regular old potato chips....plain. A lonnnnnnnng time ago, one could count on some ringers in a regular ole bag of chips. But, those *a-little-overcooked* chips have disappeared these days, probably due to quality control freaks.

Last week I grabbed a bag of Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Chips Robust Russett flavor. Now rather this was a brand new flavor from the folks at Cape Cod, or rather my regular grocer just started carrying this flavor, or because it was located on the bottom shelf and perhaps I've just overlooked these little jewels, I don't know, but.... THEY ARE AWESOME! The entire bag is burnt chips!!! Of course Cape Cod, in their marketing wisdom, specifically says these are not burnt chips.....and they are correct, that's just what I call them. But lo and behold there must be more than 2 people on earth who love these things (my Mom loves burnt chips too) 'cause Cape Cod devoted a whole line to us over-cooked-chip lovers!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Those are the best chips in any bag. I dig for those dark little crispy guys, but then I like slightly burnt pop corn too!

ByNanasHands said...

Oh how yummy is that! I've never heard of them, I will have to see if the small locals here carry them.....