Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I think I'm going to like this blogging tah-doo!


I'm starting a blog. Since Easter was just a couple of days ago, I think I should add an Easter photo of me in my favorite Easter bonnet; my entire family was and is awful about documentation so I only know this photo is from the '50s. Not a purse in my hand but that's my Brownie camera, given to me by my Uncle Phil who actually turned out to be a professional (meaning he made money) photographer. My son is a fabulous amatuer photographer and my daughter is now a published author of her local historical homes and architecture, so..... my turn. I'm just trying to make my mark with my etsy indie shop Whyte Experimenting and playing and meeting new friends and having a great time every moment I'm creating.
So for my friends who love art, for my art, and for my friends' art, and for friends who could care less about art but who love me I hope to share good things, fun things, new things and discoveries, share ideas, learn from other artists and friends, and do a much better job of documentation than anyone else in my immediate family.

16 comments:

Linda Hardy said...

Great story and photo!

Kathy said...

WooHoo Pat~
This looks FABULOUS! I LOVE the grey and the header, you did so well!
And you're story and pictures, nice touch. You will love blogging, and I am honored to be the 1st follower.
~xx~
Kathy

NANCY LEFKO said...

Congrats on the new blog...it looks LOVELY !!!!

Larry P said...

Cool site. You will love blogging.

Off to a good start.

Larry P

QueenBe said...

Pat it looks awesome already! I am impressed and can't wait to see more. Carol

Kim said...

Good luck with this Pat, looks great and you'll have fun!

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Pat, your blog is great! I love the colors that you chose. Yes, you are indeed off to a great start.

ArtSnark said...

Yay! Looks great - off to a wpectacular start!

createitcottage said...

Pat~ WOW!! This looks wonderful! I can't believe you were worried. You did a fab job!!!

Sheila

risa said...

Great start! LOVE the photo! Great layout too.

ByNanasHands said...

It looks fabulous Pat! I didn't "get it" at first but soon grew to love blogging...now to find the time to do more of it! I really like your "In My Garden this month" feature, it's great!

whyte said...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support and encouragement!

The Decorated House, Donna Courtney said...

Welcome to BlogLand Pat!
It looks great. I hope you love blogging.
Donna

Kathy said...

Congratulations Pat! I am so excited for you and for all of us that will get to share the stories you have to share!

starrynightimpressions said...

I am now a follower, lol.
Welcome to the family of bloggers :)
blessings,
starrydeborah

Rose said...

Oh Pat I'm so glad you started a blog! This looks great. I need to pay more attention to mine and seeing you here should encourage me!